Anyhow, that afore-mentioned meme:
1. Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
2. List (and upload, if you feel like it) 5 songs that start with that letter.
3. Post them to your journal with these instructions
empressvesica gave me the letter "I".
1) I'll Find My Way Home - Jon and Vangelis
One of the songs that I first heard growing up, and stuck with me as being different from the normal range of stuff. Even now, I can find myself able to sing along with it on its infrequent plays over UK airwaves.
2) I Touch Myself - The Divinyls
Goodness me, what could this song possibly be about? Fun, with a good tune.
3) I Want You Back - Mel C
Not a song I think anyone else will ever have heard of. Basically a B side on her first solo release, and never added to any of the albums. Surprisingly good, surprisingly poppy and just fun from a singer underestimated by many for being a Spice Girl.
4) Independant Love Song - Scarlet
"I'm doing it a different way" indeed. A love song that doesn't sound like any other bog-standard pop love songs, but explodes into full orchestral motion at points. Brilliant stuff.
5) In the End - Linkin Park
Dark, fascinating and with an ability to drag you along with it. Love it.