1) Break your computer. Hardware is preferable, but in a pinch anything that requires you to shut down the computer at once and makes you call someone to look inside, will do. Bonus points if just listening to the noise from inside makes you do this.
2) Go to work, or somewhere far, far away from any other computer/word processor.
3) Let your pen run out of ink.
4) Gently muse away in the background while doing a boring, mundane, repetitive task.
Your brain will then immediately produce solutions for things that you have been stuck on for weeks. Dialogue, actions and scene orders will fall into place like a beautifully simple jigsaw.
And you have no way at all to write it down.
Mutter, grumble, growl. It's times like this when you know the universe has a sense of humour. And that it's aimed directly at you.
In other universe-out-to-get-me related spots, I ran into several 80's music lyrics questions recently that produced the usual "I know that! I know that! What the hell IS that?!?" response. Anyone else fancy the challenge?
Okay, one point for the song title, and one for the band/singer. Ten altogether - feeling lucky, punks?
1) The Western Desert lives and breathes
2) And I remember how we'd play simply waste the day away
3) Religion is a light in the fog
4) A little flesh, a little history
5) I'll kick you out of my home if you don't cut that hair
6) We don't have the time for psychological romance
7) Get out quick 'cause seein' is believin'
8) Emotions come, I don't know why/Cover up love's alibi
9) If you got the money honey we got your disease
10) Strange voices are saying, ah what did they say? Things I can't understand
If you'll excuse me, Neighbours From Hell(mouth) is calling.