Overall winner was gianfared who was the only person to get all 8 correct (eventually) and the only person to solve number 6. *applauds wildly*
1) The time is 19 minutes to the hour. Without looking at a clock, place the following in order reading anti-clockwise from the minute hand: II XI IX III (one point)
III, II, XI, IX
2) Count the number of times the letter "f" appears in this sentence. You must count them just once and not recheck your answer. (two points)
"Emphatically famous frauds are the cause of many hours of frenzied yet fruitful scientific police research combined with the experience of years."
There are nine f's - I suspect most people missed the second f in 'fruitful' here.
3) Frank's mum had three children. The first was named June, the second was called May. What was the third child's name? (one point)
4) Why are the following words in that particular order? (one point)
Idea, Knob, Epic, Hard, Rare, Wolf, Sing, Inch
They're in alphabetical order of the last letter in each word.
5) What is the connection between the following sets of words? (one point)
Each pair of words has a European Capital hidden in the middle.
6) You cut a thick piece of wood into 12 equal pieces, and stack them in two piles of six. You then find you have three piles of wood. Why? (one point)
7) Under any circumstances is it ever possible for a man to marry his widow's daughter? (one point)
Well no, he's dead was my answer. However, three
Great fun all round - Thanks to everyone that played.